In order to love you

To deal with you
I have to learn to deal with myself
to understand who I am
you must know who you are as a man
I cant tell you who you are
that’s a mystery to even you
you cant say you know me
Until you walk in my mental shoes
to thine own self be true

I’ve been an emotional captive
and have kept you prisoner as well
held hostage by your insecurities
you being trapped by my pain
Thoughts of this
no longer being a love thing
but a distant memory
I’ve been beat down by your mental demons
the ones you chose not to recognize
they laugh when tears fill my eyes
they scoff at our demise
If Im broke
and your bent
we cant come together
and make US straight
I cant heal you
you cant fix me
all we can do for each other
is aggravate
If Im unhappy
and your miserable
we cant laugh our blues away
sex wont make it better
it’s just a wet band aid
To make this thing work
Im going to have to be whole
to make this thing last
Ima need you to be real
to make this thing happen
Ima need to be resolute
to make this thing strong
Ima need you to step back and regroup
I have no doubt you love me
as I do you
but in order to make it through
we gotta self evaluate
take care of our minds sake
have peace
be sane
be sound and whole separately
then come together and make
sweet melody

1 comment: