The Problem with ME!

The problem with me

WAS

I was to open and free.

I trusted what someone said to easily.

I gave love and affection, time and concession

to those who called THEMSELVES

my friend's, not paying ........ATTENTION

to the tell tell signs that was right in front of my eyes

how could I have been so blind

Then I grew a little, saw a few things, fell down a lot

I became something Today by God's grace that back then
I was not


The problem with me

THEN

Is I could be so shut down.

Scrutinize what you say, wonder if the look you had was straight

might like you tomorrow but defiantly not today

talk to you.......... but look away

cant trust you or the things you say

you might have been real and honest and true

but me being who

I WAS

I couldn't see you

Then I grew more ,paid attention to more

I became something new through GOD"s grace that then I

I had once ignored

And Today

I still scrutinize what you say

but I use wisdom when I do

I still might like you tomorrow instead of today

but I give you the chance to at least prove

I still talk to you, but I look you in your eyes

because if I look away you can put on a disguise

See I had to find a good medium between trust and love and like

When I found out who I was, I saw who I might

trust

believe in

give a chance to get close

and today unlike the past , it is more than most

but I still watch look

I still play and weigh

and acquire a few friend by GOD'S grace

And that's where

I am

TODAY! 

3 comments:

  1. Dene' Donley EldridgeJanuary 15, 2011 at 12:17 PM

    *snapping my fingers**

    ReplyDelete
  2. Discernment is so important on this walk...well said Kia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete